I was going to try to come up with some witty post about the ShmooBus experience, but that really isn't necessary- it has already been "documented" on Twitter and elsewhere. While a simple Google search will find plenty of hits for shmoobus, I would suggest checking out the following:
- The Twitterstream, start here and work your way to newer posts to follow along with the ShmooBus.
- Zack Lanier's (aka the Security Twit Herder and @quine) blog post on the trip.
- Hashtags of Shmoobus
- This photo of one of the trips over to HacDC
- Note: the red eyes are NOT from the camera flash, they are all demons.
- There is video on YouTube (some NSFW language, alcohol may have been a factor).
- Even CSO Online has coverage, my friend Bill Brenner covered Shmoocon and the Shmoobus trip:
It was a blast, thanks to everyone who rode along, even those who "rode" vicariously via Twitter- and of course, big thanks to Astaro for sponsoring the madness.
I'll post a few stats later (after I do the expenses), if anyone is interested in all the gory details, logistics, and mistakes made, I'll be happy to share what I have learned from doing two of these mad trips.