It has been a while since I reviewed my list of security podcasts and a few new ones have made it into rotation since I last visited the topic. My regular listens and a link to the Getmon Security Podcast list are in my Podcast.com widget (over there on the right, scroll down a bit and you'll see it). Click away at any of the titles for episode details, links to Podcast.com pages, or to play episodes.
My previous recommendations still stand:
- Pauldotcom Security Weekly
- Pauldotcom has grown into an empire, with video and webcasts and an entire community involved.
- The Network Security Podcast
- Rich Mogull is now Martin McKeay's cohost and his addition has expanded the perspective of this great show.
- Brett and Ovie continue to deliver informative and entertaining forensics and cyber-crime content on a quasi-weekly basis (They are busy guys).
- Security Now*
- Steve Gibson and Leo LaPorte talk security, and stuff.
- *figure out the asterisk for yourself.
And newer in the rotation:
- Risky Business
- This one is a must-listen, an outstanding weekly podcast featuring news and interviews hosted by Patrick Gray (Patrick Gray is great, and he also has a weekly networking and systems podcast, "A Series of Tubes").
- The Silver Bullet Podcast:
- In-depth conversations with leading security gurus, hosted by Gary McGraw, sponsored by IEEE Security & Privacy Magazine.
- Radio Free Security
- A good podcast aimed at the small business IT administrator produced by WatchGuard LiveSecurity Service reporters.
- NOTE- this shares a feed with their "Firebox Special", a podcast dedicated to the WatchGuard Firebox. Unless you are a customer, you may want to skip those.
And a few seem to have faded away, but I haven't completely given up on them:
- The Security Roundtable [UPDATE: The Round Table is back, see comments below]
- The Rear Guard
- *Not quite dead.